Wahoo, Dolphin, Jacks Crevalle, Cobia-Ling, Tripletail, Barracuda, King Mackerel, Spanish Mackerel, Blue Fish, Mangrove Snapper, Spade Fish, Trigger Fish*
*Only if the season is open on these species
Adult and Junior
Speckled Trout, Redfish, Black Drum, Flounder, Croaker, Gafftop Catfish, Sheephead, Gar Fish
Largest Hardhead Catfish Stringer (Stringer of 5 Largest Hardheads) Junior Division Only
THE CAMERON FISHING FESTIVAL
August 4 & 5, 2023
Weigh-In Location: Lighthouse Bend Marina, Cameron, LA
Fishing Area: All Public Fishing Waters of the United States of America
1) There are two (2) Divisions: Offshore and Bay.
2) For the Offshore Division, there will be an Entry Fee of $250.00 per boat. The person who registers the boat must list those anglers who will be fishing. Registration ends at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 4, 2023.
3) Within the Bay Division there are two (2) categories: a) ADULT and b) JUNIOR (children 15 and younger): Entry Fee of $50.00 for Adult and $25.00 for Junior, for each person who enters the Bay Division. Registration ends at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 4, 2023.
4) To compete as a JUNIOR, a contestant must be 15 years of age or younger. Entry Fee for a Junior is $25.00 for the Bay Division. (A Junior Angler can also compete in the Adult category by purchasing an additional Fishing
Festival Ticket for $50.00 for the Bay Division). Junior Anglers must put a check in the appropriate box of the Festival Fishing Ticket by the Fishing category in which they want to compete (Adult and/or Junior) or indicate in the on-line registration. No Angler can compete in more than one (1) Fishing Division (either Offshore or Bay Division).
5) All entrants weighing fish must present their Rodeo entry stub or receipt to weighmaster before weighing in any Fish and ALL DECISIONS OF THE WEIGHMASTER ARE FINAL.
6) All State and Federal Fishing laws and size limits must be obeyed. Fishermen may hire legally licensed guides but the guides cannot participate in the fishing tournament.
7) BAY DIVISION: Anglers may begin fishing at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 4, 2023, unless otherwise prohibited in the area you plan to fish. Fishing will continue through Saturday, August 5, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., at which time fishing
will cease and scales will close.
8) OFFSHORE DIVISION: Anglers may begin fishing at 12:10 a.m. on Thursday, August 3, 2023, unless otherwise prohibited in the area you plan to fish. Fishing will continue through Saturday, August 5, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., at which time fishing will cease and scales will close.
9) Cameron Lions Club and tournament sponsors are not liable for accidents or injuries occurring during the Fishing Festival.
10) Boats competing in this Rodeo cannot fish within fifty (50) feet of each other, unless given permission.
11) Weigh-in will be located at the Lighthouse Bend Mariana, Cameron. Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 p.m. and continue until 6:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4th and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 5th. All persons having fish to be weighed and are in line at the weigh-in by 6:00 p.m. on Friday and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday will have their fish weighed.
12) Plaques and prizes will be awarded for 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd place largest fish in each fish category. An Angler can weigh in more than one fish in each fish category in the Division in which they are competing, and will be eligible to win more than one award in each fish category.
13) We will be awarding trophies to the Outstanding Offshore Division Team for the top boat and Outstanding Bay Division Angler for the Adult and Junior. Points will be awarded for each fish category in each division and the Outstanding Angler/Team of each Division will be decided by totaling all points received by an angler or team from the places they won in each fish category as follow:
1st Place: 6 Points
2nd Place: 3 Points
3rd Place: 1 Point
13) Fish can be taken with either Artificial, Live or Dead bait.
14) Fish may NOT be taken by seine, nets, or other “non-sporting” methods.
15) In the event of a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place fish, the first fish weighed will be awarded that place, with the other fish dropping down to the next place to finish.